It has been truly said that dogs are the best companions for life. They are the perfect pets that fill your live with lots of joy and excitement every time you see them. But having a dog is a responsible task. To make sure that they remain healthy and full of life, they have to be taken care of right from the time when they are puppies.
Puppies are extremely delicate and therefore one should put a lot of thought into the type of food that must be fed. A slight negligence at this stage could result in your dog growing up with some kind of deficiency that may cause you pain and inconvenience later.
The food that is given to puppies must have lots of minerals and vitamins so that they can acquire a good physique by growing appropriate amount of muscles and bones. Since puppies have delicate stomachs, you must make sure that the minerals and vitamins that they are given are easy to digest; otherwise it is likely to bring them more harm than good.
Every puppy needs a meal that is high on nutrition so that they can grow strong and healthy. After extensive research and expert advice from renowned doctors, here is a list of the ten best rated foods that are ideal for a puppy:
- Blue Buffalo Dry Puppy Food- Blue Buffalo Dry Puppy food can be given to dogs of all ages, but it is specially designed for little puppies. The pellet size of the food makes sure that is can be easily eaten by puppies and is also easy for digestion. The main ingredient of this puppy food is oatmeal. Oatmeal helps the puppies to get ample amount of protein. It also has a mix of zinc, iron, phosphorus, and thiamine. It provides the perfect ratio of fibre, protein, and nutrients and has low fat.
- Chicken Soup for the Soul- Chicken Soup for the Soul is a puppy food that has taken inspiration for its name from the book series. The creators of this puppy food claim that it contains the formula that meets the specific growth needs of a puppy. It is also ideal for puppies, which are allergic to some ingredients. It does not contain any ingredient, which is difficult to digest like wheat, corn or lamb. So, if your puppy has a more delicate stomach when compared to other puppies, you must opt for this puppy food.
- Castor and Pollux Organix Puppy Dry Food- If you are looking for a puppy food that has high protein and good amount of fibre content, then you can opt for Castor and Pollux Organix Puppy Dry Food. The ingredients include poultry meat and chicken and is hundred percent organic. If your puppy is picky when it comes to food, then this is the food that you should feed it. It also has Omega 3 fatty acid that helps your pet to have healthy skin and coat.
- Wellness Complete Health Puppy- This puppy food claims that it has a constitution, which is completely healthy. It has all the ingredients that are required by a pup on a daily basis to build up his body and stamina. It also has additional DHA compounds to make sure that the brain development of the puppy takes places properly and the puppy has good eyesight.
- Eagle Pack Puppy Formula- If you have a puppy that belongs to a bigger breed, he or she is going to have a higher demand of nutrition that is mandatory for their sustenance. In this case, you must opt for this puppy food. It comprises of all natural ingredients and provides a complete balance. Since bigger breed puppies have bigger chewing abilities, the pellets of this puppy food are big. It helps the puppies to have a good growth, digestive system, and coat.
- Holistic Select Natural Dry Dog Food- This puppy food also comprises of natural ingredients and offers a natural make-over of your puppy. Its unique formula handles the digestive system of the puppies appropriately. It has various digestive enzymes, prebiotics, probiotics, botanicals, and natural fibres. It is ideal for puppies suffering from parvo or any other digestive system disease. It not only offers easy digestion, but also strengthens their digestive system.
- Natural Balance Puppy Formula- This puppy food contains a single source animal protein from lamb. It also has brown rice and rice bran. Its salmon content makes the puppy food rich in Omega fats and good fats. The pellet size is small so that even puppies with little teeth can have this food.
- Newman’s Own Organics Advanced Formula- This puppy food has ingredients that has a protein to fat ration that is specially regulated. It serves dogs really well and is recommended by various vets. If you are using this food for puppies, it is advised that you wet the food first so that it gets a little softer when compared to its normal form. The formula has all the natural ingredients that help promote coat, skin, growth, and digestive health.
- Wellness Just for Puppy- This brand provides a holistic nutrition to all puppies. It contributes to the growth of the puppies and provides them with a balanced diet. The ingredients chicken and salmon provide protein to the puppies. It also has DHA that helps in the brain development and improving eyesight. It also strengthens the digestive system and the bones of the puppies.
- Taste of the Wild Grain Free dry Dog food for Puppy- The best part about Taste of the Wild dog food is that it is free from any kind of grains. This is made using a blend of fish proteins, which is very healthy for a growing puppy. All the building blocks that are needed by your pet are present in Taste of the Wild dog food. It also has vegetables and fruits mixed, which allows your pet to gain a good amount of natural antioxidants. It is healthy, has high nutritional value and tasty as well.
Now that you know the ten best-rated foods for a healthy puppy, you should go ahead and provide your puppy with the best food.